Sunday, July 20, 2014

Today I am thankful for my bug zapper...

The company called this "the crawler" but I call it my best friend.

    I hate hate hate bugs (except the useful ones like bees). I especially hate bugs that are in my house and lately there have been a lot. 
    It's not very fun trying to shoo gnats when drinking my morning coffee or getting bit up by mosquitoes when I'm sleeping, but thanks to my new best friend, I can at least keep them away when I am awake.
 
    About a month and a half ago my husband (then fiance) and I went to visit my father in Illinois. He had recently bought a "zapper racket" at wal-mart. He mostly used it camping but it came in handy inside the house a few times as well.
    After Todd and I moved up to Maine - where the state bird should be the mosquito instead of the chickadee - we thought it would probably be a good idea to get one of those rackets too...but not just any racket. I wanted something that was easy to use and easy to kill bugs with. That is what I got. I wouldn't really call this model "safe" and it is by no means kid friendly but for me it gets the job done...I just have to be careful not to hit myself or anyone else.

At least now I have peace of mind...well...except when I sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment